Thursday 22 July 2010

A personal farewell



"Before I start a new chapter in my career with Shakhtar Donetsk, I just wanted to send a message to all my friends at Arsenal.

"The past few days have been very emotional for me. Although I am excited about the challenge ahead with my new club Shakhtar Donetsk, I am so sad to be leaving my home for the past three years - Arsenal Football Club.

"Arsenal is a very special football club and I will miss so many people - my team mates, all the staff and of course, the wonderful Arsenal supporters.

"I would just like to thank everyone for your support during my time at Arsenal. When I first came to England, I could not speak the language and knew nobody, but as soon as I arrived I was made to feel at home and part of this big family. Also, I want to say thank you to the Arsenal supporters - you have been fantastic to me and always sung my name and I will never forget this.

"I had some very difficult times with my injury, but Arsenal was always there for me - the medical staff, the management, the players and the supporters. Thank you everybody.

"Although I have now left the Club, Arsenal will always be in my heart. I will always look for the Arsenal results and of course, I wish Arsène Wenger and the great players at the Club well for next season and the future."

Many thanks Dudu
, you were a dedicated and loyal servant to the club. We wish you all the best with your fresh start. There will always be that feeling of what might have been and that is what gives so many of us such great sadness in seeing you depart.

3 comments:

Kipmonster said...

I am proposing that Arsenal fans World wide post letters once a week for the next four weeks to UEFA & FIFA complaining about Barcelona FC's persistent public 'tapping up' of Cesc Fabregas.
Also post a letter just once to Arsenal FC requesting that they formally complain to UEFA & FIFA about Barcelona FC's rule breaking disrespectful behaviour.
I have drawn up 3 template letters that I will email to willing participants. All that you will need to do is type in your own Name & Address before printing off & posting.
A momentum is needed in this regard & can be boosted by you forwarding the email I send you to every single one of your Arsenal FC supporting family & friends and encouraging them to post letters off once every week for four weeks to UEFA & FIFA and just once to Arsenal FC.
The aim of repetitive letters would be to create an Administrative headache for UEFA & FIFA with hopefully thousands of letters received from all over the world. It would be a great way to display the strength of feeling from Arsenal FC fans.
The purpose of the single letter to Arsenal FC is again to display the strength of feeling from Arsenal FC fans.
The Arsenal FC hierarchy seem to exist in an 'Ivory Tower' immune or just simply ignorant to the feelings & wishes of their fans.

My email address for this campaign from where I will email you the letter templates is ……..

ArsenalFansHateBarcelonaFC@gmail.com


COME ON !! …… Lets DO this & be taking substantive action for a change instead of simply bleating on web blogs which achieves nothing as it goes unnoticed by those who should hear the complaints the most.

I will post this on the anti Barca facebook group ………….

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/group.php?gid=116042895106146

& also on as many Arsenal blogs as possible via ……………

http://www.newsnow.co.uk/h/Sport/Football/Premier+League/Arsenal/All+Sources

Uncle Mike said...

Well done, Eduardo. I wish it could have ended better for you here, but best of luck on your new club. A change of scenery will probably do you good, and unless Shakhtar end up facing Arsenal in Champions League play I hope you light up Europe's scoreboards like a pinball machine.

We have seen Arsenal players leave with grace, and we have seen otherwise. I'm sorry it didn't work out with Eduardo, but I'm glad he chose the path of grace.

Anonymous said...

http://www.petitionbuzz.com/petitions/afcreportingbarca

A petition to get Arsenal to report Barca.